Join now - be part of our community!

Device memory full, but internal storage empty

SOLVED
Howdsen
Visitor

Device memory full, but internal storage empty

Hi guys, i noticed that my phone has memory divided into two parts and those are device memory and internal storage. The problem is that the device memory has only 2 GB and the internal storge has11 GB, but i think that everything i download goes into the DM and now when i want to download something bigger it always cancels somewhere in the half way, and i think thats because it wants to save it in the DM but doesnt have enough free space. Any tips how i can make my mobile download things into theinternal storage or at least to my SD card. Any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You cannot download somewhere else by default,you can move files from device memory to internal memory.

alexdon

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You cannot download somewhere else by default,you can move files from device memory to internal memory.

alexdon
IvoD
Visitor

Hello

I have the same problem. Not possible to move from Telephone to internal or SD (Xperia J)

Thanks

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You cannot move to SD,to internal it is possible.Just go to a specific app and tap on it and move to internal.

alexdon
CindoLL
Visitor

I am having the same problem but when I tap on an app, it doesn't give me any option to transfer it to the internal storage. When I try to update Facebook or Chrome, it is telling me that "insufficient storage". Very aggrevating!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Could you post a picture from an app installed by you and the options that show up?

alexdon
Howdsen
Visitor

Thanks for the replies so can u tell me how to move those files to IM. I personally don't have problems with moving apps because I have the option there, but how do u move files like photos or music
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

To move photos or music,simply use a file explorer.

alexdon
Howdsen
Visitor

So if I understand correctly when i move app to sd card in settings I actually move into IM,not into my external sd card,right
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Apps cannot be moved to SD,only media files.

alexdon