Join now - be part of our community!

green light during charging

SOLVED
shahviral
Visitor

green light during charging

hi,

i have just purchased sony xperia p and i found that during charging my mobile green notification light turn on. but when battery reaches to 100% also the light does not turn off. so how much should i charge my phone becasue the symbol still shows that it is charging. please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gaurav8180
Visitor

hi! green light comes on after battery charging reaches 90% and remains until 100%. if this green light does not go off even after you have disconnected the charger then try rebooting your phone. may be rebooting can solve this.:smileyhappy:

hope it helps you:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Gaurav8180
Visitor

hi! green light comes on after battery charging reaches 90% and remains until 100%. if this green light does not go off even after you have disconnected the charger then try rebooting your phone. may be rebooting can solve this.:smileyhappy:

shahviral
Visitor

thank you for your reply. but i wanted to know after reaching 100% also the green light is on and i did not disconnect the charger.

XperiaU-ser
Visitor

Hello, as per my knowledge, I think the green light doesn't turn off at all even when the battery gets full. One point you need to know is that the phone is not actually fully charged when it shows 100%. Check if the battery is "Full" in the settings < about phone < status Slightly_smiling_Face

Gaurav8180
Visitor

the green light will not shut off even if the charging has reached its full level i.e 100%. you need to disconnect the charger from the phone.

i also want to tell you that sometimes even after you have disconnected the charger from the phone, and the green light is still on then dont panic, it will go off as you unlock your screen and start using your phone.:smileyhappy:

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Yes,and if the green light remains,just turn on phone's screen and the light should stop.

alexdon
Leeboy008
Visitor

The green light drives me mad at night when charging, it's to bright wish I could turn it off to. Tried disabling notification light but still comes on when docked
DONKYBOY
Visitor

Would seem this is still a thing in 2016, I would have never brought a Sony experia had I known about this crazy bright green led light.
DONKYBOY
Visitor

Any one figured out how to get rid of it yet?
Other than colouring over it with black marker pen.
cobbler
Visitor

Ok, so the light is orange up to 90%, then green up to 100%, then if I leave it connected on charging the green light stays on continuously but also on the battery status it says Charging, and it can be like that for hours.

Is this what you experience?