Join now - be part of our community!

48W705C

48W705C

I had this TV for 3 months now and I can say without a doubt that it has been the worst experience ever. First of all they delivered a defective TV set as is has a VERY LARGE spot on the left side of the screen. But I had a Z1 with the same problem so I was expecting this.

Netflix is even worse on this TV. It crashed constantly and sometimes is refuses to start unless you unplug the TV for a few seconds... what is this??? 1934?????

It drops internet connection over WIFI 2-3 times a day and the only way to get it back up is to restart the TV or reconect to your WIFI router. 

There are no power saving buttons in the remote... you must navigate thru a lot of menus before you activate ECO. Also the IR sensor is weak... very weak.

Many times it will not route sound through the Audio Receiver.

It is the only TV that has an APP for a main menu. So you need to close Netflix in order to acces it's menu. Also there is no Sleep option while in Netflix. 

It takes 2 minutes to start, it has a very annoying lag, You tube app is the worst as you click Pause and 5 seconds later it pauses. 

Also the image is waaaaay below TV's at half it's price. It's pure garbage. 

And to top all that the store that sold it to me did not provide a warranty certificate so I can even fix and sell this crap at the moment. If you are thinking about getting this TV thing again. Buy Samsung or anything else just not these poor attempts of electronic waste.

Also there is no option to write a review of the product page... a bunvh of reviews but no button to add my own . They are obviously fake since they are all glad they made this choice. ALL FAKE. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Wow it seems to appear you have quite a few issues with your TV, and its not Amdroid based, which is surprising.... where does one start with this one.

I think the first thing to advise is:

• Ensure you have the latest firmware installed.  See HERE
  • Factory reset the TV, as this can cure many issues.  See HERE

Cheers

If you think that a factory reset can solve these problems then you must be working for Sony because you are clueless. No disrespect intended... 

I have solved my problems by selling it and buying a Samsung. WAAAAAAAAAY better.

PS. This Sony crap DOES NOT RECOGNIZE  any of the keyboards or mice I have connected. It is useless electronic junk.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats funny.  You say no disrepect intended, but you've just called me clueless and working for Sony.  There is no way that i can not interpret that as rude disrepectful comment.

With all the problem you identified above, i was willing to help troubleshoot with you to see what the real issues are, as when you write a whole heap of waffle and issues, its bloody hard to read and figure out whats going on.  Troubleshooting cannot take place until the 2 very basic initial steps are taken (i.e. FW upto date, factory reset).  This also helps determine that us two understand each other in this process.

Im sorry you think it was clueless - I was only willing to give up my free time to help you.  But like many things - no good deed goes unpunished.