Join now - be part of our community!

Buzzing sound from speakers on new Vaio E-series

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
BLYARN
Visitor

Buzzing sound from speakers on new Vaio E-series

Hello!

I recently received my new Sony Vaio SVE1111M1E. Since the beginning I have noticed a strange buzzing noise from the speakers. It sounds like when you turn up your stereo to maximum without playing any music. Its not always there, but sometimes it sounds for some seconds, stops and then it's on again after some more seconds. I know it's from the speakers because it stops when I mute or put some headphones in there. When I put some headphones into the computer the noise is neither in the phones or the speakers.

I think it can have something to do with when the hard drive is working because when I go through different folders on the computer this noise comes on after every click.

This problem was there when I got my computer, and is still there after i reinstalled my own version of Win 7 and downloaded all drivers again.

I have tried to disable the microphone without any luck.

Does someone know anything about this?

Thanks

//BLYARN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi BLYARN,

Unfortunately even if this problem was present prior to installing your own OS Sony only provide support for the original OS and they will no doubt ask that you return to factory defaults before inspection.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi BLYARN,

Does this happen when operation on battery only? If only when the power adaptor is connected then it could be a ground loop problem.

Either way you will need to contact Support but they will almost certainly ask you to return the notebook to factory settings before investigating further.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BLYARN
Visitor

Hello!

Thanks for the quick answer.

This problem occurs booth with and without the adaptor connected.

Okay, but i hade this problem with booth their original Win 7 Home and it still there after i reinstalled the whole thing with my own Win 7 Enterprise. It was even there before and after i installed the drivers.

//BLYARN

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi BLYARN,

Unfortunately even if this problem was present prior to installing your own OS Sony only provide support for the original OS and they will no doubt ask that you return to factory defaults before inspection.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BLYARN
Visitor

Hehe, yeah, and that sucks :dizzy: i've just made the computer ready for my studies but i don't want that disturbing noise there for all future. I think i'll call them tomorrow.

//BLYARN

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good luck and please let us know the result of your call.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat