Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio vpceh3c5e. windows have been accidently formatted... no recovery. plz help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
marsadmin
Visitor

sony vaio vpceh3c5e. windows have been accidently formatted... no recovery. plz help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is a difficuly question to answer but generally speaking the UK Sony warranty is for one year from purchase but some CTO (configured to order) models carry a 2 year warranty.

If you follow the link I provided and enter your serial number and the only option for contact is the OOW number then the warranty has expired.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi marsadmin,

Just in case the hidden recovery partition has not been formatted try tapping F10 at boot to access the recovery utility.

If that has no effect then you have the option to purchase a set of recovery disks from Support – cost is approx. £60. Assuming the notebook is no longer within the warranty period you will need to call the OOW number - from the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.35/min).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
marsadmin
Visitor

thankyou rich912

kindly text me the link where i can order recovery disk.

plus any idea how to check about warranty status.?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi marsadmin,

Below is the link for contacting Support. Click Vaio and Computing and then enter your serial number. Generally you will need to use phone contact to order recovery media and if out of warranty the number I provided obove is the only route.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
marsadmin
Visitor

i want to check whether my vaio is is warranty or not?

i have the delievery note of my vaio but nothing is written about warranty....please help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is a difficuly question to answer but generally speaking the UK Sony warranty is for one year from purchase but some CTO (configured to order) models carry a 2 year warranty.

If you follow the link I provided and enter your serial number and the only option for contact is the OOW number then the warranty has expired.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat