Join now - be part of our community!

viao registered but not recognised

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
richie12
New

viao registered but not recognised

I have a sony viao VPCJ12MOE, my viao is registered with sony but when I try to down load updates I get a window saying the product is not recognised can someone give advice ?

11 REPLIES 11
misterons
Explorer

VPCJ12MOE model serial number 27532650 5000603

Try to down load Internet Explorer 11 as requested by my computer. Unable as error message states I need Windows 7 and SP1. A computer expert said I should delete the Internet Explorer installed on computer and reinstall IE11. I cannot find what Internet Explorer number I have installed and how to delete it. Please can you help me. Many thanks.

Ron James

<Email address removed by Community Manager>

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi misterons,

Only updates to IE can be deleted – not the program itself as this is part of the OS. To check which version of IE you have installed open the program and then click ‘Help’ and then ‘About Internet Explorer’.

To remove updates open control Panel > Programs And Features and then in the left hand pane click ‘View installed updates. If IE has been updated from the original version that came pre-installed the update will be listed under ‘Microsoft Windows’. To uninstall right click and select ‘uninstall’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat