Join now - be part of our community!

W7 blacks out

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pehutchxk
New

W7 blacks out

Computer blacks out, everything appears to be running but no picture. Have to use normal start button to effect a shut down. Restarts OK and may run mins, hours, or days before it repeats the problem.

Any ideas

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
binbash

Hi pehutchxk

I see that this model has some issues with the screen backlight, if you google "sony VGC-LA3 nvidia" you might find the top result contains opinions and issues with the problem itself.

This may be the part, but I am not 100%, if you search for "sony VGC-LA3 inverter" it may be the replacement.

Auction sites seem to sell this as new for about 30£ so it may be replacable.

Maybe someone has seen a similar issue before?

Hope we can help

binbash

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
binbash

Hi pehutchxk  

Do you have any more details on the model of your computer? The display manufacturer/model if it's a desktop. Operating System details etc?

Thanks

binbash

pehutchxk
New

Hi Binbash

It is a Sony VGC-LA3 all-in-one which I bought new in 2008. I am running W7 Professional

Peter

binbash

Hi pehutchxk

I see that this model has some issues with the screen backlight, if you google "sony VGC-LA3 nvidia" you might find the top result contains opinions and issues with the problem itself.

This may be the part, but I am not 100%, if you search for "sony VGC-LA3 inverter" it may be the replacement.

Auction sites seem to sell this as new for about 30£ so it may be replacable.

Maybe someone has seen a similar issue before?

Hope we can help

binbash

pehutchxk
New

Hi binbash

Thank you for help. The symptons quoted in your btwo references apply equally to my computer.

Mine is still tolerable  and I will soldier on

Thanks agaian

Peter

binbash

Hi Peter

No problem, I hope it stays alive until you find a new shiny one to replace it :smileyhappy:.

binbash