Join now - be part of our community!

When will Sony start shipping W8 drivers?

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
dkkian
Visitor

When will Sony start shipping W8 drivers?

Hi there,

I think it doesn't really makes any sense asking for drivers for a specific VAIO-model (although my VAIO is a VPCSE1C5E), so does anyone know when Sony will start to ship Windows 8 drivers?

At the moment I cannot install Sony Util. which makes the graphic-card switch useless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

dkkian wrote:

Hi there,

I think it doesn't really makes any sense asking for drivers for a specific VAIO-model (although my VAIO is a VPCSE1C5E), so does anyone know when Sony will start to ship Windows 8 drivers?

At the moment I cannot install Sony Util. which makes the graphic-card switch useless.

Hi dkkian,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

This question pops up with every Windows OS update & as with previous updates Sony do not normally release  drivers for the new operating system until after the launch date & even then it's not guaranteed that drivers & utilities will be released for older OS models.. :slight_frown:

All we can suggest is that you keep an eye on the download section of your Vaio models support page..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

dkkian wrote:

Hi there,

Hi dkkian,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

This question pops up with every Windows OS update & as with previous updates Sony do not normally release  drivers for the new operating system until after the launch date & even then it's not guaranteed that drivers & utilities will be released for older OS models.. :slight_frown:

All we can suggest is that you keep an eye on the download section of your Vaio models support page..