Join now - be part of our community!

Bus powered portable harddrive struggling to connect

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chongsta.uk
Explorer

Bus powered portable harddrive struggling to connect

Hello Community,

i'm pleased to have been helped out on this forum in that someone told me how I can play media from an external source using a file manager.

Now I'd like to throw the problem out there that... my 500Gb Seagate portable drive starts up when connected and a usb notification pops up! great stuff... but it soon struggles (3secs) and splutters leaving the tablet unable to maintain a connection.

Has anyone else connected something other than a usb stick to it? Is the problem because its bus powered and microusb cant handle it?

I know I need to find something else to test as it might be the ebay microUSB to female USB transformer i've recently acquired.

Many thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hmmmm. That is going to require a good chunk of power and the USB port on the Tablet does not have that much of an output to maintain drives especially of that size. I will give mine a go 320gb to see if there is any change. I suspect it will yeild the same results.    

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hmmmm. That is going to require a good chunk of power and the USB port on the Tablet does not have that much of an output to maintain drives especially of that size. I will give mine a go 320gb to see if there is any change. I suspect it will yeild the same results.