Join now - be part of our community!

Having Issue With Stock Contacts App!

SOLVED
RockStar2005
Visitor

Having Issue With Stock Contacts App!

For some reason, when I try to edit my contacts in the stock Contacts app, I get that stupid "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" message. Does anyone know why this is happening, and perhaps how to fix it? I tried deleting the data & cache and force stopping it, but nothing works. I did end up getting a more stable contacts app called Contacts +, but I'd still like to get this resolved anyway.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RockStar2005

Could you elaborate on the preloaded app.

Does it happen all the time or is it random?

RockStar2005
Visitor

hi uli, 

It happens EVERYTIME I try to edit a contact in that stock Contacts app. And I don't know how to fix it. Can't uninstall/reinstall it b/c it's one of those locked apps that you can't uninstall or even disable. 

Nirvana rocks! 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RockStar2005

Could you test it in >>> safe mode

RockStar2005
Visitor

uli, 

Ok....... I just tried that. EXACT same thing happens though. 

Now what? lol

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RockStar2005

This is what I would do, backup everything > repair the phone with XC > do NOT restore any app and/or setting > test it > if you don't encounter the same issue then restore everything

RockStar2005
Visitor

What's XC? 

I dunno uli. Sounds like a big hassle. lol I thought there was some quick fix but I guess not. Thanks anyway bud. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
RockStar2005
Visitor

Oh XC.........ok I already have that. 

But if I have to backup a bunch of stuff etc then it's not worth it to me. I can still edit the contacts with that Contacts + app, so it's fine. I just can't edit "Myself" in Contacts + b/c I don't show up in there, only in stock Contacts app. It really wasn't a big deal, so not worth all this trouble. lol 

Thanks anyway uli!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RockStar2005

I don't have this phone but @Viridis could you recreate this issue?