Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone Jack Not Working

SOLVED
edmonddantes182
Visitor

Headphone Jack Not Working

Hey guys, this morning when I plugged my headphones into the headphone jack, music wasn’t coming out of them, the music was coming out of the phone as if headphones weren’t plugged in. I tried another person's Sennhieser earned but they didn't work as well. I'm pretty sure the reason is thus
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sorin_Maican
Visitor

Hi guys,

I've had this problem and you would not belive what was the problem. A piece of felt from my pocket got jammed into the jack port and the jack would not make contact. So if you will have this problem in the future please check very well your jack port.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
edmonddantes182
Visitor

*the headphone jack*
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

Which phone are you using? Do you have the possibility to try a Sony headset? Perhaps you can try to clear data for "Smart Connect" via Settings > Apps > The tab "All" > Smart Connect > Clear data.

edmonddantes182
Visitor

Thanks for response so quickly Hampshire. I have the Sony Xperia Z3, model D6603. I am using the earbuds that came with it out of the box. And I'll try the clearing the data for Smart Connect.
edmonddantes182
Visitor

Hey Hampus, sorry I misspelled your name, autocorrect isn't ways perfect. ;-). I took your advice and cleared the data for Smart Connect. Unfortunately, this didn’t seem to work so I uninstalledd all updates and then updated it again and this also didn’t work so I didsome research and downloaded the app SoundAbout. My headphones started to work again. One post I read stated that if my headphones worked after I installed SoundAbout I could uninstall it. After I did that, once again they didn't work. Would there be any other options or would I have to send it back for repair? Thanks.
Hampus
Champion

No problem, I've seen that auto correction before. Nauseated_Face To me, this sounds more related to hardware which I think needs to be exmained/fixed at an authorized service center. You can always try to perform a software repair using PC Companion to see if it can help but otherwise, I suggest that you contact your Local support for information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way.

edmonddantes182
Visitor

Thanks Hampus. I'm going to try the software repair and then if that doesn't work, I'll send it back for repair. If anything, I can always go Bluetooth. Thanks again.
Sorin_Maican
Visitor

Hi guys,

I've had this problem and you would not belive what was the problem. A piece of felt from my pocket got jammed into the jack port and the jack would not make contact. So if you will have this problem in the future please check very well your jack port.

edmonddantes182
Visitor

Hey Sorin_Maican, thanks for joining in. I read your post and just checked the headphone jack again. I think I see the tiniest peace of fuzz at the bottom, do you think this could be the issue. I'm almost 100% sure this is a software problem since when I used the app SoundAbout, my headphone jack worked. What do you think?
edmonddantes182
Visitor

Hey guys, great news I found the out the problem. It was prices of fluff that were covering the bottom of the jack. Thanks for all of your advice, especially Sorin_Maican, your post made me check the jack for the fifteenth time and made me put a toothpick in it, (I know it wasn't the best idea, but it worked. 🙂 and swirl it around, which led to the fluff getting out. Thanks for all your help guys. You've managed to renew my faith in Sony. 🙂