Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XG9005 HDMI Control (CEC)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Pebbleridge

KD-49XG9005 HDMI Control (CEC)

Hi,

My KD-49XG9005 doesn't control my Panasonic SC-HTB258 Home Cinema speakers anymore, it's connected to HDMI port 3 (ARC).

If I select Audio System in Settings and use the Panasonic remote for volume it still works but the Sony remote won't control the volume like it used to and I have to turn the Panasonic on and off separately now.

I've not knowingly changed anything, it just stopped working.

I've tried turning on HDMI Control (CEC) using the Bravia Sync Settings but when I try the Sony says "No HDMI devices found. Please check the connections.

Has anyone else had this problem, and can it be fixed?

😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try to restart Android TV, hold the Power/OFF button.

Also try to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI Cable, and maybe change it if you can.

At the limit there is also the restoration of the Factory Settings, but it also applies to the Soundbar.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try to restart Android TV, hold the Power/OFF button.

Also try to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI Cable, and maybe change it if you can.

At the limit there is also the restoration of the Factory Settings, but it also applies to the Soundbar.

profile.country.GB.title
Pebbleridge

I've already done the re-start procedure, but that didn't help, I'm
loath to do a full factory reset as I spent hours getting the image to
look good.

I was wondering does the HDMI control and ARC require a special HDMI cable?
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

"I've already done the re-start procedure, but that didn't help, I'm

loath to do a full factory reset as I spent hours getting the image to

look good."

I know, but if you can't solve it in any other way, all you have to do is try.

"I was wondering does the HDMI control and ARC require a special HDMI cable?"

At least HDMI 1.2a for CEC

At least HDMI 1.4 for ARC

profile.country.GB.title
Pebbleridge

Great information about the cables, I don't suppose there is a way of
telling what the cable spec is by looking at one?
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Difficult without the packaging, but with 1.2a and 1.4 we are talking about older Versions, I imagine that yours are more recent and therefore also include other Specifications.

profile.country.GB.title
Pebbleridge

My cables all say HDMI plus ethernet.

I've just swapped to a different cable but that didn't work, but then I turned off everything (TV, Soundbar, Humax HDR, Zgemma Enigma2 satellite receiver) and it now works perfectly.

All devices show up in the Sync settings list and the soundbar is operating exactly as it did a couple of days ago.

So the usual turn it off and back on again has worked, but had to be applied to ALL connected devices.

😁 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Sometimes I take some procedures for granted, in fact I could have added the suggestion about restarting the Soundbar 🤗

profile.country.GB.title
Pebbleridge

Absolutely NO PROBLEM 😊

I was already turning the TV and soundbar on and off with each step I took to try and fix the problem.

I had no idea that turning off the other devices connected to the TV might help, but I definitely know now.

Turn it ALL  off and back on again.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Pebbleridge 

Strictly, you shouldn’t expect HDMI connections newly made between two pieces of kit to work if both are already turned on.

They often will, because they are fairly tolerant of us humans.

But if you get into any difficulties, power down everything, power up the sink devices first, and then power up the source devices, letting each one settle.

The most ‘sink’ of all your devices will be the soundbar. The TV will be the source device for this, and should be powered on next, as it is the sink device for all the equipment plugged into its other HDMI ports.

(If you have one of those soundbars with an HDMI input, then the soundbar is still the sink device, and the device plugged into it is a source device, but the TV is now the sink device and the soundbar the source device for the video from the device plugged into the sound bar. This little anomaly is something that the soundbar and the TV will work out for themselves as part of the ARC/eARC convention, which is why powering on the soundbar last, instead of first, will still work OK 😛)

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…