Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XE9005 - auto picture detect issue - I think!

profile.country.GB.title
kd3554
Explorer

KD65XE9005 - auto picture detect issue - I think!

My tele is doing this really irratating thing where’s it randomly appears to autodetect either the input or the sound. It brings up the info bar at the top when it does this and mutes the telly whilst doing so for a few seconds. This happens quite a lot when I’m using the Netflix app and browsing through the thumbnails. It will sometimes even go to the lengths of blacking out the screen for a second too. Although this seems to be more when we are using the Nintendo Wii

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you let me know if you are using a HDMI input?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
kd3554
Explorer

I am using hdmi for all inputs.

Many thanks

Kevin Duffin
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Kevin,

The issue you describe is mostly known due to PC's or laptops connected to an HDMI input on your TV.

1. Disconnect all devices you have connected to the HDMI inputs of the TV. Check if the issue is resolved.
  2. Start adding your devices one at a time back to the TV, while checking each time to see when the issue reappears.
  3. When you find which device is causing the problem, you either can disconnect that particular device when not in use from the TV. Or switch off the Info banner entirely from the TV menu.

Let us know how you get along.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
kd3554
Explorer

Hi

This isn’t an issue with the devices as it occurs when using Netflix which is built in. I’ve changed leads, had some devices connected whilst others haven’t been. I’ve had two different sky boxes and yet it still happens. I’ll turn off the info banner and try that but I seriously believe it’s a fault with the telly.

Many thanks

Kevin Duffin
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Kevin,

You must follow my posted instructions carefully disconnecting all HDMI devices from your TV. You will then notice that the issue will not occur on Netflix or any other content you playback for that matter.

The reason why the Info Banner appears is due to HDMI devices in the background either registering a new Audio/Video stream format identifier or updating it to a new one. So if you want to prevent the Info Banner from appearing you have the two options I mentioned. Find which HDMI device is the culprit and disconnect it, or switch off the Info Banner permanently.

Keep us posted!
Cheers,
Dutchice
profile.country.GB.title
kd3554
Explorer

Okay I have done this and even with all hdmi leads disconnected it still happens when Netflix when I switch between thumbnails.

I have disconnected all other hdmi cables when using the wii and again it still occurs.

I have disconnected all hdmi cables whilst using the plays station and again within half hour the banner came up at the top muting the sound. I have previously tried different hdmi cables and this didn’t work. I am stumped. I shouldn’t have to turn off the banner surely.

Many thanks

Kevin Duffin
profile.country.GB.title
kd3554
Explorer

Still no joy. Tried and tested loads of hdmi leads but nothing. I think Sony need to come and Have a look. £1500 for w telly that does this is not acceptable 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@kd3554 wrote:
I am stuped. I shouldn’t have to turn off the banner surely.

I had to with my XE, unfortunately it was the only way I could stop my PS4 Pro popping up the banner randomly.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Kevin,

It should be quite straight forward. If you disconnect absolutely all devices from the TV including any possible Bluetooth speakers/headphones and playback content from digital broadcast or internal apps like Netflix, you should not be getting the info banner pop-up. If you do get it while no device is connected to the TV then there is an issue with TV. 

On the other hand you keep mentioning that you get pop-ups while using your Wii or PS4 which of course are connected to an HDMI port. The cause for that is often some sort of strong electromagnetic emissions placed very close to the HDMI cable connecting the game console to the TV. Think of subwoofers or WiFi routers etc. If by removing all these type of devices as a test you still get the Info banner pop-up, then the problem is that your HDMI cable is not providing sufficient shielding against EMI emissions. Try replacing your cable with a Premium Certified HDMI cable. 

Cheers,

Dutchice