Join now - be part of our community!

Quick access to Opera TV Store aps

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
timodell

Quick access to Opera TV Store aps

Apart from the standard Netflix and Amazon aps and the MUBI ap (which unfortunately doesn't work properly on the SONY Brava implementation yet), I have not found much of interest on the current Android TV models either in the Google Play Store or the Opera TV Store. However, one notable exception is the ARTE ap in the Opera Store which has some excellent free HD content. However, even though I have added it to MY APS inside Opera, content from this ap never seems to be highlighted on the Home Screen. Indeed, there does't even seem to be a way of getting direct access to this Ap without going Home:Aps:Opera Store:My Aps: ARTE which is  a total of 12 keystrokes every time I want to log in...! Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can set your preferred app (in this case Opera Store) in the discovery feature of the TV so you can have access just pressing the discovery button...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can set your preferred app (in this case Opera Store) in the discovery feature of the TV so you can have access just pressing the discovery button...

profile.country.GB.title
timodell

Yes that did save a couple of key strokes, but I found a better soltion was to just load the ARTE app from the Google Play Store directly - in fact, it's hard to imagine any Opera TV Store apps that aren't (better) sourced via Google Play, making the purpose of having it at al hard to fathom...  

profile.country.US.title
A.k.Ahmed
Explorer

@rooobb wrote:

Tags (1)