Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Customer Services say no change in the issue at present - hope it gets
cleared up. I am trying to access vTuner tor similar through my server.
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@richardc79 Same conclusions I have come to also

As well as demonstrating a pathetic pace in problem resolution, their incompetence in all aspects of customer communication is only exceeded by an overall arrogance in every aspect of the issue.

Involve us, don't ignore us!

if you continue to ignore us, where's the "community" bit of this forum? Answer me that.

oudoulj
Explorer

I live in France and I bought my Sony STR-DN840 on Amazon.de (Germany) in Sept 2013.

I've just edited my comment from last year (23 Septembre 2013) about that product to warn potential customers about the missing vTuner feature.

It's in the process of being approved (Jérôme OUDOUL)

My Amazon.de comment

vTuner is in the Top 3 reasons I bought that amplifier and I'm afraid of considering a refund (not sure it's still under warranty and how I can send it back to Germany although I kept the box)

I really hope Sony can come up with a solution fast !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BollyDave wrote:

if you continue to ignore us, where's the "community" bit of this forum? Answer me that.

Hi there

I know it appears that you are being ignored.  I feel that way at times too, especially trying to wring any type of useful information out of Sony and share if with you all.  Even though Sony generally do not post directly onto these forums, you are not being ignored.

You asked where the "community" is on this forum - Well the community is everyone - everyone who wishes to contribute - good or bad. 

In the spirit of openess, as far as I understand it - Sony will be modifying the original statement with updated information tomorrow.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Technaudio
Explorer

@quinnicus, can you supply a link to this statement please.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Technaudio 

Hi there

The old statement is located :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement

As I said above, its not updated yet, but 'should' be tomorrow.  However please dont get your hopes up. 

Also, I read a comment on here many pages back that it was hard to find this statement.  Its actually not.  If you click on the "Support" link at the top of this page - scroll down a little to "News and Alerts" and this is where all statements and other information is posted.  So not burried 'somewhere'

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

Spoiler

Quinnicus wrote:

BollyDave wrote:

Hi there

I know it appears that you are being ignored.  I feel that way at times too, especially trying to wring any type of useful information out of Sony and share if with you all.  Even though Sony generally do not post directly onto these forums, you are not being ignored.

You asked where the "community" is on this forum - Well the community is everyone - everyone who wishes to contribute - good or bad. 

In the spirit of openess, as far as I understand it - Sony will be modifying the original statement with updated information tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi

Firstly to summarise why I feel somewhat ignored and let down...
-Every time I've called Sony, I have not managed to speak to anyone directly involved in SEN. I've explained to the people I have spoken to that the issue lies within SEN, be it organisationally, technically, financially or legally rooted. I've never got past 1st line to my knowledge.
-The people who I did speak to had inconsistent answers, some being amusingly creative, I'll grant you. Estimated time for resolution? Inconsistent therefore meaningless.
-I've had discussion where updates have been promised and not happened.
-Resorting to self-help, it took some time to find any announcement, as the SEN service status page says there is no maintenance going on, so by implication also, outages. The announcement seems to have been buried within kit spec pages as far as I could determine.
-CEO. First time I've done this. Mailed him...why not? His organisation has failed the customers, on top of the initial issue, compounding the problem. Nowhere else to go, apart from his "Deleted" folder it would seem.
-vTuner. Yes I know it's another company. Mailed different groups over there, nothing, even though we are customers of a partnership deal so one would think they might respond to a Sony customer. No.

All of which leaves me feeling high and dry where help is concerned, so expectations of direct forum involvement from Sony, as a community member, were hopeful.

Given it's almost 4 weeks now, I struggle to understand why someone from a Sony, who are supposed to be reading this forum, hasn't been able to spend a few minutes a week to share a simple official update.

The suggestion of some information on the way is welcome so thanks for the heads up!
I just hope it's going to be worth the wait, and offsets all the inconvenience and hassle we've had.:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Technaudio 

Hi there

The old statement is located :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement

As I said above, its not updated yet, but 'should' be tomorrow.  However please dont get your hopes up. 

Also, I read a comment on here many pages back that it was hard to find this statement.  Its actually not.  If you click on the "Support" link at the top of this page - scroll down a little to "News and Alerts" and this is where all statements and other information is posted.  So not burried 'somewhere'

Cheers

I still stand by that comment about visibility of the bulletin. I probably found it by using a search engine and rather than a news page, it was a specs page that returned the most hits. That still doesn't explain the lack of visibility of the SEN page though. I'd expected that as vTuner is part of SEN there would be some high profile there. I also don't understand why Sony can't send a bulletin directly to registered customers either. Not difficult but goes a long way!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Given it's almost 4 weeks now, I struggle to understand why someone from a Sony, who are supposed to be reading this forum, hasn't been able to spend a few minutes a week to share a simple official update.

I fully appreciate where your coming from.  Honestly, I would be feeling the same if I was using vTuner. 

You ask about Sony spending a few minutes to share an official update.  I agree with you on that.  As well as other community experts have also been pushing for further information.  However, the problem is, is that Sony EU (and other Sony regions) are seemingly left out of the loop on this one too - for whatever reason.  Therefore, with no information to pass on......

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is also confusion on what SEN is. 

NOTE: Im also a little unsure too, but will seek clarrification.

SEN = Sony Entertainment Network, and includes applications internal to Sony (ie Music Unlimited) and external applications (ie vTuner) under one banner.  However in regards to what SEN is, I believe its only the Sony owned and run applications like Music Unlimited.  I dont believe vTuner is fully part of SEN, but still under its banner. 

So therefore when SEN status is all OK, they are meaning the internal apps to Sony.

I know, grey area and all...

(anyway, signing off and all. Im on holiday and typing this up in a pub watching football - laptop battery going...)

Cheers