Join now - be part of our community!

mains adapter hot !

downdonna
Visitor

mains adapter hot !

:thinking: I am a new Sony Notebook user. Should the mains adapter get hot ? mine does ! is this normal? Should I use the mains adapter at home or battery? leave both connected? mmmmm should I phone sony helpline? PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
street_spirit
Visitor

Well it's quite normal for them to get warm after extended mains use, are you talking about burning temps, if so then you might have a problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

My adaptor gets 'hot' after even a reasonably short period of use (1/2 hour) but not hot enough to burn; it stays at this temperature then constantly - until I switch off of course :smileygrin:

As far as the battery is concerned, if you're plugged into the mains it has been suggested that you take the battery out as this increases the life of the battery (and they're a little pricey :anguished: ). I myself do this as I would like my new (ish) toy to last as long as possible :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

It's normal for it to be warm, but not boiling hot.
So if it's burning your hands, call VAIO-Link.

faithx

if you're plugged into the mains it has been suggested that you take the battery out as this increases the life of the battery
That's never crossed my mind Dave, 9 times out of 10 I'm plugged in.

The battery on my last laptop is completely dead, it holds no charge at all :slight_frown: I'm gona take your advice and take my battery out :cool:

tellingd
Visitor

Always happy to pass on good advice received from other helpful people :smileygrin:

faithx

(I felt the need to reply and hit the 150 to become a guru - cheating I know :cool: ) :laughing:

tellingd
Visitor

Congrats on 'stepping up' - although I think you were rather good as a 'Groupie' :laughing:

kee-lo_

Not far from being a master now Faith, or should that be a "mistress"... :tongue:

faithx

Congrats on 'stepping up' - although I think you were rather good as a 'Groupie'  :laughing:
Thanks Dave, but I agree, as Im not exactly a guru, not as far as computer knowledge is concerned&..

Not far from being a master now Faith, or should that be a "mistress"...  :tongue: 
I like the sound of that Dave, maybe Ill put it to the man with the contacts :wink: