Join now - be part of our community!

My laptop always freezes :( Please help?

kenobi
Visitor

My laptop always freezes :( Please help?

I've had my Fx-701 for about a year and a half and now it freezes more regularly than ever.

It usually happens when I'm on the internet. I've been on different ISPs and the same happens. It seems to happen more if I got multiple windows open, but I have broadband.

However sometimes it just freezes when I'm not on the net and just as I move the mouse it freezes.

Could anyone help me with this one? :cry:

14 REPLIES 14
leven
Visitor

Hi kenobi

Try taking out the RAM stick which you had "lying around" and see what happens.

Elaine

kenobi
Visitor

Hi kenobi

Try taking out the RAM stick which you had "lying around" and see what happens.

Elaine

Why would decreasing the RAM help?
The reason I put it in in the first place was because my computer was freezing too much and I thought it didn't have enough memory.

leven
Visitor

Hi kenobi,
I was not thinking that decreasing your RAM might fix the problem. I thought that the freezing had started after you put in this extra stick, and so taking it out might have helped.
Did you do the RAM check? This would at least answer the question whether it is a RAM problem or not.

Elaine

kenobi
Visitor

None of the things like RAMbooster helps.
Although NetMonitor helps.

Croaticus
Visitor

I've had my Fx-701 for about a year and a half and now it freezes more regularly than ever.

It usually happens when I'm on the internet. I've been on different ISPs and the same happens. It seems to happen more if I got multiple windows open, but I have broadband.

However sometimes it just freezes when I'm not on the net and just as I move the mouse it freezes.

Could anyone help me with this one? :cry:

Maybe it's not a bug? Maybe it's a feature?
I wouldn't be surprised bearing in mind it's Sony after all... :slight_frown: