Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR51SU Motherboard repair

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
LouisCY
Visitor

VGN-AR51SU Motherboard repair

Hi All,

I have a SONY Vaio model VPN-AR51SU laptop with problem with VGA chip on motherboard. I make a search in the forums and i found that my problem is a common problem with all vaio laptops because of the high temperatures of the VGA Chip. My Vaio is out of warranty but i must fix it because i have very importand informations on my hard drives and second its very expensive model and i was very happy with this laptop.

I am wondering if SONY is offering any repair service or if they can exchange the motherboards as they know that all Vaios of this series are facing this problem.

Hope someone to be able to give me an answer.

Thanks

Loizos- Cyprus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Loizos,

The AR51SU is not one of the models that Sony acknowledge is affected by a faulty Nvidia chip and although you can arrange a repair through one of their service partners it will not come cheap.

I would advise you to Google "reflow repairs" to locate a competent repairer - cost should be between £100 to £125. I suggest you ignore any advice you may find about baking the motherboard in the oven...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Loizos,

The AR51SU is not one of the models that Sony acknowledge is affected by a faulty Nvidia chip and although you can arrange a repair through one of their service partners it will not come cheap.

I would advise you to Google "reflow repairs" to locate a competent repairer - cost should be between £100 to £125. I suggest you ignore any advice you may find about baking the motherboard in the oven...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat