Abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

MEX-N5100BT Please Update Firmware!

Amoyensis
Entdecker

MEX-N5100BT Please Update Firmware!

Dear Sony,

I got the 5100 BT Radio and it's nearly awesome. But I found 1 Bug in the Firmware, which should be fixed to increase the joy of this radio:

When you hear music over bluetooth, you have the possibility to switch through tracks with the seek buttons and you can pause the track via pushing button "6" (Display shows BTA Pause).

But, when you swith the source, the music is still playing on the smartphone and is draining battery, although you don't hear it at the moment. The same effect occurs, when you have enabled traffic information (TA) and the radio switches from BT Audio to Tuner for traffic info. The music on the smartphone is still playing.....

In my opinion, the solution is very simple, but has to be implemented by you, dear sony firmware developers:

When BT Audio is running and the source is switched by the user or the radio itself, just execute the "Pause" function before switching the source. And also, when you switch back to BT audio, execute the "Pause" function again, to resume music playing.

Also when you start the radio and it's still on BT Audio, you have to start music via using the seek button after successfull pairing. This could also become automated. Stopping the music after powering off the radio already works now (because of missing BT connection after shutting down the radio).

Long story short, please implement in a firmware update followed functions:

- On radio Startup:

--if bt audio = on & pairing successfull -> start music automatically (via function "pause/resume" or "seek")

- If BT Audio on & Source is changed (neither per user nor TA/phone call/etc )-> execute pause function to stop the music streaming on the smartphone (=BTA Pause) and then change the source

- If Source is changed back to BT Audio & BTA = Pause -> execute pause command to resume music

- Volume Level on Startup: A function in settings called "Start Volume Level" would be very nice, where I can define the volume level of the radio on motor start. E.g. I park my car in the evening with volume "very loud", I won't have this volume again in the next morning, but would have the set start level of "smoothly quiet" :wink: 

I hope this post arrives the right contacts/developers and will be implemented in a firmware update :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Amoyensis

2 ANTWORTEN 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Amoyensis,

Thanks a lot for your proposal.

I'll forward it to the engineers - maybe they can implement.

Have a great day

Cheers

Peter

eblacky
Entdecker

Hello Peter,

please also forward the following: if songpal gets startet the iphone always wants a confirmation "songpal want to use bluetooth" yes/no ? . So if you switch beteeen apps on the iphone this dialog appears every time you switch to songpal, this makes the traffic not safer..... I can't understand this, the device is already paired and the app should have the permission to transfer data.

It would be great too, to have the ability to organise the device icons in sonpal to a specific order and not to start automaticly the Tuner....

The latest release of the app is ok for now, and the streaming works fine except Spotify there is sometimes no soundoutput altough it streams....

My ios release is 8.2 and i do not want to upgrade this in case of some apps which need this release.

Best Regards

Engelbert