Join now - be part of our community!

Hang-ups, and getting tired of them + poll

Croaticus
Visitor

Hang-ups, and getting tired of them + poll

Is there any bloody solution to ocassional system (WinXP Pro) hang-ups?? For example, I click to open Outlook Express and nothing happens. Then I click again and nothing. Then I click to open Internet Explorer and nothing. No program wants to run. But then, after a few moments, everything pops up. Even the ctrl-alt-del combination can't "unlock" it, I have to wait for everything to pop-up...
I'm getting tired of this, moreover because I paid this piece of **** (PCG-GRT996ZP) dearly and despite all updates, patches, system scans, defragmentations, inspections, insights, corrections and everything else, the system still isn't working as it should. I'm starting to believe I made a big mistake by buying a Sony notebook. And their personalized, "Sony-approved" drivers and patches are also accelerating this belief.
And yes, for a 3.2ghz 1Gb ram machine, it's damn slow! :angry: :angry: :angry:

43 REPLIES 43
JoeB.
Visitor

the vote might be a bit onesided... but i am displeased the speed of these sony notebooks as well... in some occasions have the feeling that my dell PIII with 800 mhz is faster than my grt816m with 2,8 ghz...

information on the internet has it that this is because sony locks up a lot hardware capabilities with the installed bios. this causes delayed hardware recognition and software responses...

i believe that is also why you can't get a proper benchmark with most programs... sony blocks this... i know my next notebook WILL NOT BE A SONY... unless they change things.

Joe

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're quite right Joe, looks like this is becoming a norm with Sony, blocking, locking, and giving us the "bent over" feeling... :laughing:

JoeB.
Visitor

hey... greetings kee-lo.
best easter wishes....

is there a day when you not in this forum.... grinnnsss!

i am thinking about selling my vaio and try a different company/model
oh god... i wish sony would read this an stop me by offering a better bios... i mean a whole new generation of sony users is at stake here... if they ignore this... then my kids and soon there kids will be disgusted at the thought of buying a sony....

can you hear me SONY... if you want business in the future, do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later kee-lo
joe

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

hey... greetings kee-lo.
best easter wishes....

Hey Joe, good to see you man :smileygrin:

is there a day when you not in this forum.... grinnnsss!

No, I try to visit at least once a day.

i am thinking about selling my vaio and try a different company/model
oh god... i wish sony would read this an stop me by offering a better bios... i mean a whole new generation of sony users is at stake here... if they ignore this... then my kids and soon there kids will be disgusted at the thought of buying a sony....

Well I have no encouraging words for Sony - sorry. Since I have seen this GRX scare I'm worried I have wasted £1600 on a machine that'll only last 2 years! I'm unemployed too FFS, damn Sony.

can you hear me SONY... if you want business in the future, do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, even the more fidel people in this forum are moving away from SONY.